School pictures are now available! If you ordered individual/cap and gown photos, Heather has already sent you the link to your child’s gallery – check your inbox and SPAM folder.
Here is the link and password to the class pictures:
Password : rainbow2015
Ordering for any pictures is online only. If you have questions – please email Heather Sams directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be taking t-shirt orders Thursday and Friday before and after the parent meetings. You can also email your order to Emily Brown at email@example.com. Attached is a color chart for youth and adult sizes, as well as tote bags. This link is for toddler sizes only: Color chart for 3T and 4T Emily will be taking orders through Sunday, March 22nd.
Reminder – the school is on Spring Break March 23-30. Classes resume March 31/April 1.
Come visit us on February 24th at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about our school and everything we have to offer you and your children. We will have details about our 2015 Summer Camps (2.5 to 12 years old), as well as information about the 2015-16 School Year (toddler to elementary school) and our After School Care for school-age children!
A Rainbow of Friends Christian School
Happy New Year! The staff and I are well-rested after the long Christmas Break and ready to continue to educate our students! The next five months will be very enriching for your child as the teachers continue to lay the foundation for academic learning. This is the time we will begin to see much growth in the children. It is so amazing and fun to watch their positive growth and development.
All of our afternoon Reading Academies resume on January 6/7 and the new morning, MWF Reading Academy (8:00 – 8:30 am) begins January 12. There are still a few slots available for this program and we invite you to try it out in the month of January for only $60 (regularly $90). Please contact me if you are interested in this incredible program that teaches children how to actually read!
I am also starting a new reading tutoring program for students K-2nd grade for students who do not attend this school. It will be offered T/TH from 4:00 – 4:45 pm starting January 13. The cost is $80/month with 45 minutes of instruction time each day. Whether your child is behind or ahead, we can really bring him/her to the next level! Tell as many families that you know!
Moms in Prayer has been awesome! As many of you know, we are in the process of growing our school to meet the needs of our families and we need as much prayer as we can get! We will start back January 21 at 8:40 am. Please join us!
Our next parent meeting will be Thursday and Friday, January 15/16 at 8:45 am. We will be discussing family day, field trips, Teachers’ Appreciation Breakfast, parent conferences, Valentine parties and information about our Registration Night. We will also begin to plan the Spring Program and Graduation. Please plan to attend. It will be a very informative meeting.
For Family Day, we are going ice skating at Sertich Ice Center on January 17th from 11:30 am -1:00 pm. The cost is $6.00 per person and includes skates. It is located at 1705 East Pikes Peak Avenue, COS.
My husband and I are offering a two day parenting class seminar this month. It is titled, “The Blended Family,” by Dr. Leman. Class will be Friday, January 23 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm and Saturday, January 24 from 8:00 – 2:00. I will provide a continental breakfast and lunch. Cost is $12/person or $20/couple for the training materials. We will also provide free childcare for this seminar.
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast – January 29/30, 8:30 – 9:30 am. We will need parents to bring breakfast dishes, sign up to watch students during large group, serve the teachers breakfast, and let them know how much you appreciate them!
We will be closed on Mon. January 19th, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
Many of you have helped this school with our goal of raising money to help offset the cost of a larger and more interactive playground – and I cannot thank you enough. Our next fundraising activity is a great one. Your student will create finger art that you can order on different mediums. This will be done in class Jan 20-23 (volunteers needed) and then you can order your child’s masterpiece within a few weeks. The final products are so adorable and make great Mother’s/Father’s Day and Grandparents’ Day presents. Thank you for all of your support!
Wishing you a wonderful and blessed new year! ~ Renee Green, 719-243-2043
This month our students will be learning about Jesus and what His birth and life meant to the Wise Men, King Herod, John the Baptist, and Nicodemus.
Happy Birthday to our special friends!
Josue Figueroa, Mya Hollingsworth, Josie Schreiter, Connor Lykes, Henry Brown, McKenna Digby, Mia Erb, Olivia Slackta, Alexandra Santos, Tyler Burt, Abigail Polcyn, Adrian Bean, Aaralynn Margraf, Ms. Nikki, and Ms. Renee!
MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEBSITE and “Like” US ON FACEBOOK SO YOU ARE WELL INFORMED WHAT IS GOING ON AT OUR SCHOOL.
- We had to make necessary changes to our school calendar and it will be sent home as soon as it is finalized.
- If District 3 or 8 is on a 2 hour delay, we will be delayed 2 hours as well. It might not be worth the drive for one hour of school, but if your child is in afternoon reading, they can have one hour of schooling and their regular reading class. If either district is closed, we will be closed as well. We will also announce delays/closures on Facebook and by mass text (if you have opted-in the program).
- Label all outer garments with your child’s name. This includes coats, hats, and gloves.
- There is still some confusion about our tuition due dates. The invoices that go out on the tenth of each month are not due until the 20th of that month. For example, the invoices that go out on January 10, are due January 20th for February’s tuition. If you have any questions or have not been receiving invoices, please email Silver Buonocore @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Always check your SPAM folder first!
- If you have moved, changed your phone number or email, please let us know at the front desk so we can update your paper work. It is very important that we have your current information on file. Tax information will be emailed to you later this month.
Important Dates to Remember
- Mom’s in Prayer will meet Jan. 21 and 27, 8:30-9:30 am
- January 6/7 – Students return to school
- January 12 – New MWF Reading Academy starts at 8:00 am
- January 13 – New T/TH Reading Academy starts, 4:00 – 4:45 pm
- January 14 – Leadership Meeting @ 9:15 am
- January 15/16 – Parent Meeting and Parent Social (starts at 8:45 am)
- January 17 – Family Day – Ice Skating, 11:30-1:00 pm, Sertich Ice Center
- January 19 – No School – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 23-24 – Parenting Class Seminar (2 day event)
- January 29/30– Teacher Appreciation Breakfast, 8:30-9:30 am
- January 25-31 – School Choice Week
As we are nearing the end of the year, I wanted to remind you that all tuition (September-January) must be caught up over the Christmas break. January tuition is due by December 20. We will not accept any payments at the school past this Friday (19th) until we restart school in January. All payments during this time will need to be paid online by ACH.
If you know that your tuition is tax deductible and would like it to fall in the 2014 tax year, you can make extra payments. Any payments made after Dec 31 will be posted in the 2015 tax year and not reflected on your statements. Everyone that had a student at our school in 2014 will have their tax statement emailed to them in late January. Make sure I have your updated emails as we will not be handing out paper copies this year.
If you would like to inquire about the status of your account, please email Silver at email@example.com and I will let you know. Thank you!
This weekend A Rainbow of Friends is singing at Restoration Church at all three of their services. We are looking forward to your child singing at one of those services. Here is the agenda.
•Your child need to be at the church 20 minutes before church starts.
•Saturday Night- Students arrive at 5:40 pm.
•Sunday Morning 1st service – Students arrive at 8:40 am.
•Sunday Morning 2nd service – Students arrive at 10:25 am.
Where to meet:
•Come in the main entrance.
•Take your child to the restroom.
•Bring him/her to the west side of the Adult Sanctuary.
•Drop him/her off on the rug with the teacher there.
•Go find a seat for yourself on the west side of the church.
We sing at the beginning of each service. After we sing we will release the children to you. You will have a choice to either let them sit with you or to go check them into childcare. The church is having a Christmas Play instead of regular service that most kids would really enjoy staying and seeing.
If you haven’t signed your child up it is OK. Either sign up or just bring him or her. It means the world to us that you will take time out of your busy schedule to show off A Rainbow of Friends!!!!